In this blog post, we will look at 12 skills every php developer should know. As php developers, there are many things that we need to be able to do in order to develop the best possible applications for our clients. Whether you're a php beginner or php expert, these tips can help you improve your coding abilities and make better applications!
*PHP is a php script programming language that was created in 1995 by Rasmus Lerdorf. PHP scripts run on web servers to generate dynamic content for the user.*
- php functions are used to create and manipulate data, including strings, arrays, integers, objects etc. The array function can be used to store lists of values like numbers or text items in order; list(), range() gives you an array with all specified elements between two given indexes
- php loops help developers repeat tasks over and over again until they reach some pre-set condition (like when there are no more records left)
- php has object oriented features so it's easy to reuse code from one class/object into another: inheritance allows php developers to be able to attach properties and methods to a class from another php object
- php supports many databases, including MySQL (default), SQLite, PostgreSQL etc.
- php has support for internationalization which means you can write your scripts using English as the default language but then output strings in any other language at runtime
- php includes Object Oriented Programming so developers will be able to create reusable code that is attached to classes or objects - it's easy to attach properties and functions onto these objects; php also supports inheritance of this reusable code with parent/child relationships between one object and its child objects
- php has an exception handling mechanism that lets developers know when something isn't going according with plan.